Do you suspect that your spouse is cheating on you? Are they acting strange, aloof, or secretive? Have they suddenly withdrawn from you or started working late nights at the office? Are they intentionally locking you out of their cellphone or skipping date night? While they may be acting differently, it could be explained, or it could be a sign of infidelity.
Here are seven warning signs that a spouse may be cheating:
1. They work late a lot. If your spouse was in the habit of coming home after work to have dinner with you or to help with bath and bedtime and they suddenly start coming home late each week to “catch up on work,” this could be a sign that he or she is having dinner with someone else.
2. They want to do their own laundry. A spouse who out of the blue insists on doing their own laundry could be hiding evidence of an affair. They also may not want you to see what’s in their pockets, such as dinner receipts and phone numbers.
3. They have a racy Facebook friend. If you see your spouse’s Facebook messages and one of them is from someone who says, “I miss you baby. I can’t wait to see you again,” there’s something very wrong. Facebook is about liking friends’ pics of their vacations and kids, not sending racy messages.
4. They suddenly take up a new hobby. If your spouse takes up a new hobby that claims a lot of their time, it could be a ploy to distract you from their real “new hobby.” If you’re suspicious, try to be involved in your spouse’s new hobby. An innocent spouse would welcome your interest, but if he or she is guilty, they will try to discourage you from having any involvement.
5. They won’t let you access their cellphone. It’s normal for spouses to need access to each other’s cellphone contacts once in a while. If your spouse won’t give you their passcode, this could be a sign that they’re hiding something.
6. They have a secret credit card. If you discover that your spouse has a secret credit card – red flag alert! Unless it’s a card for a business account, a secret credit card is generally deemed unacceptable for married couples.
7. They frequently go out with friends on weekend nights. If your spouse went from spending the weekend evenings with you to having regular nights out with the guys or girls at bars or nightclubs, you could have a problem.
If your marriage has fallen apart because of adultery, contact our firm to meet with a compassionate San Diego divorce attorney.