Post Judgment Modifications
San Diego Family Lawyer
Sometimes following a divorce or judgment regarding
child support, or
visitation rights, a person’s circumstances can change, making it difficult if not impossible to adhere to the terms of the original agreement. Luckily, it may be possible to obtain a post judgment modification to change the terms of the agreement to suit the new situation.
At Claery & Hammond, LLP our lawyers can help you obtain a post judgment modification if your current circumstances require it. A knowledgeable family attorney in San Diego can take the legal actions necessary to modify the terms of your agreement whether it involves custody,
alimony or child support, or visitation rights.
Common Reasons for Modifications in San Diego
There are a number of reasons why a person may seek a post judgment modification in San Diego, and if you or someone you love is experiencing a change in any of the following circumstances, you should speak with an attorney at our firm:
- Your child is getting older, and consequently their financial needs are increasing, making it necessary to obtain more child support.
- Your child has moved in with you, the “non-custodial parent,” making it necessary for you to cease paying child support to the other parent.
- You or the other parent has lost a job or is unable to work due to illness or medical complications, calling for a decrease in child support or spousal support payments.
- You or the other parent has experienced a promotion or increase in salary, making it necessary to amend the amount of child support or alimony.
- One parent moves out of state, making it necessary to change the terms of a custody agreement or visitation agreement.
If you would like to learn more about post judgment modifications, contact a San Diego divorce lawyer at Claery & Hammond, LLP to discuss your situation and legal options!